Friday 19 April 2013

Monday 15th - Friday 19th - A blessed week

Hello everybody  I am finally up to date with my blog so here is an idea of what we have been getting up to these past five days, its been a busy week...enjoy!

It has been a really busy but productive week this week. I was working at Ethembeni from Monday to Thursday. On Monday I had the pleasure of meeting a number of people who were interesting in sending volunteers to Ethembeni and so it was good to take them around Mpophomnei and briefly up to KwaHaza while describing what we have been getting up to over the past two months. I was also able to update our Facebook page on Ethembeni Days of Hope. If you already don't know about this, it is a campaign that we, as a team, have started. The idea is to tell stories and share bible verses that have made an impact on us while we have been here in Mpophomeni, to bring hope and encouragement to the community here. We have been printing these out and putting them on the wall of the Family Centre but we realized that this is an opportunity to let people, outside of Mpops, what God God is doing here.  This train of thought resulted in us creating a Facebook page where we will post the stories we are printing outs o that everybody, from anywhere in the world can see them. This is the link to the page, please do have a look, it is a great way to be able to see, in more detail what God has been doing in the community and for you to be able to see the stories from others in our team, not just me! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ethembeni-Days-of-Hope/503010689735139
On Wednesday we had our third English lesson which was just as successful as the others! I am so glad they are going well. We also had an amazing team time where we sat together  prayed, talked about this weeks aims and also had a chance to have a brief bible study. We looked at 1 Corinthians 12:12-24, which talks of the parts of the body and how without each different part, it would not be able to function. This is so relevant to us, we are all different and have different strong points and I was reminded of how important each of us is to the team, we were all put here by God for a reason and together we make an awesome team. Ruth also really blessed us by going around and telling us what she valued in each of us and what our gifts were, it was such an encouragement.
On Thursday this blessing continued as I went out to the Home Visits with Jan to give out food to our families and got to spend time with them, praying and reading the bible.
Today it is a tad cold and miserable just like good old English weather. I am cuddled up by the computer wearing a jumper, socks and with a blanket wrapped around me. I also have a lovely lady with the name of Joanna, the youngest child of the family Ruth and I have been living with for exactly a week today, sitting next to me keeping me company while I type away! I am looking forward to doing youth work this evening. It has been a lovely relaxing day so far!

1 comment:

  1. ah sounds awesome estie, im gunna sound very cheesy but I am so proud!!! LOVE YOU SO SO SO MUCH CANT WAIT TILL YOU COME BACK HOME!!!!!!!!! (from your amazing wife) XXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete